Getting Started with XNA Game Studio Development
XNA Game Studio is an integrated development environment designed to make it easier to develop games for Microsoft Windows, Xbox 360, and Windows Phone. XNA Game Studio extends Microsoft Visual Studio with support for the XNA Framework and tools. The XNA Framework is a managed-code class library that contains features targeted specifically at game development. In addition, XNA Game Studio includes tools for adding graphic and audio content to your game.
The XNA Framework is designed to follow .NET Framework design patterns and idioms. With XNA Game Studio, you can use the capabilities of both the XNA Framework and the more general .NET Framework for game development.
This section provides introductory information about developing games with XNA Game Studio.
In This Section
- Your First Game - XNA Game Studio in 2D
- Describes the steps necessary to create a simple sprite-based game by using XNA Game Studio.
- How to: Change the Game Name
- Describes how to change the name of the game that is displayed on the platform device.
- Developing Windows Phone Games
- Describes how to develop games for Windows Phone.
- Developing Xbox 360 Games
- Describes how to develop games for Xbox 360. Although there are several notable differences, Xbox 360 game development is similar to Windows game development.
- Creating a Windows Game or Library Project
- Describes how XNA Game Studio includes a set of project templates that will help you to develop Windows-based projects using the XNA Framework.
- Developing Cross-Platform Games
- Describes how XNA Game Studio and the XNA Framework facilitate the development of games that work on several platforms.
- Troubleshooting XNA Game Studio Projects
- Provides some helpful troubleshooting tips for XNA Game Studio projects.
- Developing XNA Framework games in Visual Basic
- Provides introductory information about developing games in Visual Basic with XNA Game Studio.
- Upgrading XNA Game Studio Projects
- Describes supported and unsupported XNA Game Studio project versions, provides guides for upgrade scenarios, and offers advice on troubleshooting upgrade issues.
- FuelCell Example Game
- Discusses the FuelCell 3D game tutorial.