Power Management (NDIS 6.20)
This section describes the power management interface that was introduced with Windows 7 and NDIS 6.20. Starting with NDIS 6.20, power management enhancements are supported that reduce computer power consumption.
This section includes the following topics:
- NDIS Power Management Overview
- Standardized INF Keywords for Power Management
- Reporting Power Management Capabilities
- Obtaining and Updating Power Management Parameters
- Adding and Deleting Wake on LAN Patterns
- Obtaining the Current Settings of WOL Patterns
- Adding and Deleting Low Power Protocol Offloads
- Implementing IPv6 NS Offload
- Obtaining the Current Parameter Settings of Low Power Protocol Offloads
- Low Power for Wake on LAN
- Low Power on Media Disconnect
Starting with Windows 7, Native 802.11 Wireless LAN network adapters must support the NDIS 6.20 power management interface. For more information, see Wake-on-Wireless LAN.
Note Starting with NDIS 6.30, the NDIS power management interface has been extended. For more information about the NDIS 6.30 extensions for power management, please review the information at Power Management (NDIS 6.30 and Later).