Windows Vista Support for WDM Audio
Windows Vista supports the following WDM audio capabilities:
WDM version 1.40
- All the features that Windows XP supports (see Windows XP Support for WDM Audio), with the following exceptions.
- Hardware peak meters are supported, except when the Windows Vista mixer API runs in per-application mode.
- Wave and MIDI NT4 drivers function normally, but they are not supported by the new audio user interface.
- AUX devices are not supported, and the auxGetNumDevs function in Mmsystem.h will always return a count of zero.
- Windows NT4-style mixer drivers (DRIVERS32) are not supported.