Create a company marketing profile
Microsoft attracts millions of qualified prospects to its web properties every year. You can grow your market by syndicating your solutions to customers through your Partner marketing profile. A marketing profile tells customers what your organization does, describes your expertise, and how your solutions and services address their business needs. Profiles increase your customer engagement opportunities, which are called referrals. Created for our strongest partners, Microsoft referrals save you time and effort while connecting you with customers looking for your unique solutions.
Use the following marketing profile guidelines when developing your profile:
- Describe your qualifications and expertise, or those of your organization.
- Use your legal organization name.
- Include a link to your company’s homepage in the website box.
- Ensure all your information is current and accurate.
- Do not refer to another Microsoft partner company by name, unless it is a subsidiary or is somehow affiliated with your company, or if you have a current agreement with that partner company to act in partnership and/or promote each other for shared work opportunities.
Use your Company Marketing Profile to describe your company’s expertise in Microsoft technologies, list the applications and professional services you offer, and to inform potential customers about the business needs you can help them address.
Creating your profile
- Sign in to manage your Pinpoint account.
- Click the Company tab on the navigation bar.
- Click the Details tab.
- Click Company properties and complete the following:
- Upload a company logo.
- Enter the URL for your website in the Website field.
- Click Save.
- Click Add languages and complete the following:
- Select a language from the drop-down menu or click Add languages.
- Enter a full description for your company in the Description field.
- Add locations that will be associated with your profile in the Add locations field. You can assign a primary location by clicking Make this the primary location.
- Click Save.
- Preview your profile and click Submit for Approval when you are ready to publish it on Pinpoint or in other marketplaces.
Writing your description
- State your company’s expertise immediately, preferably within the first sentence. Call out the Microsoft products on which you focus. Example: ABC Enterprises delivers on-site and e-learning training. We are experts in Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- Convey the benefits of what you offer or the problem you help customers solve. Example: We help your employees build practical skills that they can apply immediately to improve productivity and lower your costs. We specialize in Dynamics integration and customized CRM application development.
- Include a list of the services and software applications you want to promote.
- Focus on keywords and do not use large blocks of text. Online customers tend to scan rather than read.