Come find new PowerShell modules and DSC resources in the PowerShell Gallery! Learn how to download and install them using PowerShellGet, a new package management module included with WMF 5.0.
What is PowerShell?
PowerShell is an automation platform and scripting language for Windows and Windows Server that allows you to simplify the management of your systems. Unlike other text-based shells, PowerShell harnesses the power of the .NET Framework, providing rich objects and a massive set of built-in functionality for taking control of your Windows environments.
PowerShell Desired State Configuration (DSC)
PowerShell Desired State Configuration (DSC) is a platform for testing and ensuring the declarative state of a system. DSC allows you to scale complex deployments across environments, enables collaboration of management, and corrects for configuration drift.
The PowerShell Integrated Scripting Environment (ISE) is a Windows application that supports enhanced usage of PowerShell for beginners and experts alike. The ISE's many features include:
- A built-in editor for writing, testing, and debugging scripts
- Full IntelliSense tab completion, syntax highlighting, and context-sensitive help
- A myriad of keyboard shortcuts
- Support for right-to-left languages
- Extensible add-ons (like these from our community)