Create a marketing profile
- Partner Center
As a qualified Microsoft partner, you can create a marketing profile to showcase your business to customers who are looking for your unique solutions and expertise to address their business needs.
Microsoft engages millions of customers every year through marketing, sales and service efforts. Most of these engagements create opportunities for us to provide referrals to our partners in the form of sales leads.
As the first step to getting these leads, create a marketing profile. We'll show your profile to customers who are searching for partners who can help them implement Microsoft products and solutions, through:
- The Find a partner search experience. Potential customers can search partner listings on their own to locate partners who meet their search criteria.
- Referrals from Microsoft sales and service employees. Potential customers interested in deploying cloud-based technology solutions contact Microsoft for help finding professionals who can who can meet their business needs. These Microsoft professionals can then refer potential customers to your company.
Create a profile
Create a profile for each country that you are authorized to do business in.
In the Create a marketing profile page, select a region, then enter your profile information, including the partner info and expertise sections.
Later, after you’ve completed your first profile, you’ll be able to create additional profiles based on this one by selecting Copy from an existing profile.
Introduce your company, adding a logo and a brief description, and a link to your website.
The logo can be a GIF, JPG, or PNG file, with a maximum width of 300 pixels. We recommend using square or long aspect ratios. Tall aspect ratios are not recommended.
Your description can be up to 1000 characters. Tips for a great description:
- Be brief, leading with what’s important in the first sentence or two. This should be the headline that catches customers’ attention. In the Find a partner search experience, we show the first line or two in the search results preview.
- Focus on your company’s experiences with Microsoft-specific offerings. Customers searching for referrals are generally looking for partners with Microsoft-specific experience.
- Use bullets. Break up information into bulleted lists to make it easier to scan.
- Avoid jargon. Use simple, everyday language, naming your offerings for what they do: the business needs they address, or task or objective they help customers accomplish.
- Don’t worry about filling the description with search keywords. The customer search tools search for keywords generated in the Partner Expertise section, not the description.
- Keep your profile current. With each software or service release, update your profile, keeping it in sync with your company's website.
- Do not refer to another Microsoft partner company by name, unless it is a subsidiary or is otherwise affiliated with your company, or you have a current agreement with that partner company to act in partnership and/or promote each other for shared work opportunities.
Add your LinkedIn company page to strengthen your connections to potential customers.
When you include this link, customers will be able to quickly view more about your organization through the LinkedIn platform.
If you don't already have a LinkedIn company page, you can create one now.
The customer search tools look for expertise tags. When adjusting your profile to gain visibility, it’s worth spending some time here to optimize these.
Start by adding your own tags into the Partner Expertise section. Tags you can add:
- Industry focus tags. Up to 5 industries
- Products. Limited to Microsoft products
- Service type
- Solutions, skills, and capabilities. These tags are free-form, and provide you the ability to add search keywords that are unique to your capabilities.
Other tags used in search:
- Competency tags are an earned designation showcasing your company’s capabilities.
- Endorsement tags are earned when Microsoft or your customers who have worked with you endorse your work.
As you demonstrate success with customers through Partner Center, or by participating in other Microsoft certifications or programs, we’ll automatically add endorsements for your specific products, services and industries contributing to that success. Endorsements are an important factor in search results.
We recommend that you leave this setting checked. However, if there’s products that you provide services for that you’d rather not show up on your profile, you can uncheck this box and manage your profile manually. These endorsements will be hidden from your customers view, but you can add them back to your profile later at any time.
To help refine the types of referrals you receive, you can add a preference to only work with businesses of certain sizes. By adding these preferences, you’ll be opting out of referrals from businesses of other sizes.
Customer search results use your company’s responsiveness as a factor. To help you improve your visibility for future searches, respond quickly to incoming customer requests.
Opting out of referrals from businesses that don’t meet your target customer size will help in your efforts to be more responsive overall.
You can add up to 5 locations per region. These locations appear when customers search for partners by proximity.
Indicate locations that are official company locations and can be validated. Pick locations that are central to the markets you serve, and best represent your company’s ability to fulfill.
Improve the visibility of your profile
- Respond quickly to requests. When you receive a customer referral, a faster response can lead to better results on the search pages for future customers.
- Add partner tags selectively. It’s better to have fewer tags that best represent your company’s offers, solutions, value propositions, and unique position where you can consistently demonstrate success. That will pay dividends in future search results.
- Earn competency tags through Microsoft to demonstrate your proficiency in our products.
- Earn endorsement tags from customers who appreciate your work.
- Monitor your analytics through Partner Center to see how many potential customers are viewing your page, and are contacting you from the search results list. Update and adjust your profile to improve your results.