Create a company marketing profile
Increase your customer engagement opportunities on Pinpoint with a profile that tells customers exactly what your expertise is, and how your software applications and services address their specific business needs. The following steps describe how to write a company marketing profile for Pinpoint. For more information about what Pinpoint offers, see Use Pinpoint to generate leads.
- Understanding the profile guidelines
- Create your company marketing profile: creating your profile, writing your company description
General requirements for all profile types:
- The profile must be a minimum of 20 words and a maximum of 250 words. If in doubt, use fewer words.
- No spelling, capitalization, punctuation, or grammatical errors.
- Do not include quotes, URLs, or contact information such as your company’s physical address, email address, or phone number in your profile description. These are entered in separate website and location boxes and will be displayed prominently.
- Do not include Microsoft product trademark symbols.
- Do not use bold type, italics, or underlining.
- Do not use rich text formatting. Use plain text formatting only.
Marketing profile requirements:
- Describe your qualifications and expertise, or those of your company.
- Use your legal company name.
- Include a link to your company’s homepage in the website box.
- Ensure all your information is current and accurate.
- Do not refer to another Microsoft partner company by name, unless it is a subsidiary or is somehow affiliated with your company, or you have a current agreement with that partner company to act in partnership and/or promote each other for shared work opportunities.
Use your Company Marketing Profile to describe your company’s expertise in Microsoft technologies, to list the applications and professional services you offer, and to tell potential customers about the business needs you can help them address. Be sure to review the Understanding the Profile Guidelines section to ensure that your profile meets the necessary criteria for publishing.
Creating your profile
- Sign in to manage your Pinpoint account.
- Click the Company tab on the navigation bar.
- Click the Details tab.
- Click Company properties and complete the following:
- Upload a company logo.
- Enter the URL for your website in the Website field.
- Click Save.
- Click Add languages and complete the following:
- Select a language from the drop-down menu or click Add languages.
- Enter a full description for your company in the Description field.
- Add locations that will be associated with your profile in the Add locations field. You can assign a primary location by clicking Make this the primary location.
- Click Save.
- Preview your profile and click Submit for Approval when you are ready to publish it on Pinpoint or in other marketplaces.
Writing your company description
- State your company’s expertise in the first sentence or two. Call out the Microsoft products you focus on. Example: ABC Enterprises delivers on-site and e-learning training. We are experts in Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- Convey the benefit of what you offer or the problem you help customers solve. Example: We help your employees build practical skills that they can apply immediately to improve productivity and lower your costs. We specialize in Dynamics integration and customized CRM application development.
- Include a list of the services and software applications you want to promote.
- Focus on keywords and do not use large blocks of text. Online customers tend to scan rather than read.