Managing Game Assets
Describes game assets, which are the collection of data files used to support gameplay such as bitmaps, models, textures, or sounds. Game assets are governed by the XNA Framework Content Pipeline.
This section discusses how you can manage the game assets held by a game project.
In This Section
- Game Content Project
- Describes a project type (nested within a standard XNA Game Studio project) designed to store all content for a game application.
- Adding Game Content Projects
- Describes how XNA Game Studio supports the use of multiple content project folders within a game project.
- Adding Game Assets to Your Game
- Demonstrates how to add a texture asset to your game. The same procedure can also be applied to model and sound assets.
- Game Asset Properties
- Describes property settings indicating which actions the project system should perform on a game asset file of a supported type.