Developing Xbox 360 Games
XNA Game Studio Express
Xbox 360 game development is similar to Windows game development with several notable differences.
This section discusses developing Xbox 360 game titles using the XNA Game Studio Express development environment.
In This Section
- Creating an Xbox 360 Game or Library Project
- XNA Game Studio Express includes a set of project templates that will help you to develop game projects for Xbox 360 using the XNA Framework.
- Deploying an Xbox 360 Game
- XNA Game Studio Express can copy executable and media files to the Xbox 360 retail console once you are ready to deploy them.
- Debugging an Xbox 360 Game
- This section discusses issues that apply to debugging Xbox 360 games on your retail console.
- Accessing Custom Item Templates
- Visual Studio item templates represent items that a user can add to a project using the Add New Item dialog box. Custom items represented by a item templates can be made available to XNA Game Studio Express projects with a few modifications to the item template.
- IDE Differences Between Xbox 360 and Windows Development
- This section describes the various differences in the appearance and behavior of the integrated development environment (IDE) of XNA Game Studio Express when developing for the Xbox 360.
- XNA Game Studio Express Xbox 360 Options Page
- This page in the Options dialog box lets you make one or more Xbox 360 consoles available for deployment of your games.