Audio Authoring for XACT
This section contains information about authoring sound using the Microsoft Cross-Platform Audio Creation Tool (XACT).
- XACT Introduction
- An introduction to the XACT authoring tool interface.
- Auditioning with XACT for Windows
- The Audio Console application allows users of XACT for Windows to audition audio created using the XACT tool.
- XACT Audition Monitor
- A guide to working with the XACT audition monitor.
- Building an XACT Wave Bank
- How to build a wave bank using XACT.
- Working With XACT Sound Banks
- How to build a sound bank, sounds, tracks and cues using XACT.
- XACT Events
- Details on types of XACT events that compose tracks and their properties.
- XACT Sound and Wave Variations
- How to use sound and wave variations to vary audio playback using XACT.
- Making XACT Categories
- How to create categories using XACT.
- XACT Variables
- How to create XACT audio variables that reflect activity in the game.
- XACT Runtime Parameter Controls
- How to create runtime-parameter controls (a.k.a. "sliders") that modify audio output as conditions in the game change.
- XACT Time Variables
- How to create attack and release envelopes for wave playback.
- XACT DSP Presets
- How to create and attach DSP effects to sounds.
- XACT Reverb
- How to manipulate the DSP reverberation effect.
- XACT Interactive Audio
- Introductory information on the Interactive Audio feature of XACT.
- Project Build Wizard
- Describes the XACT project build wizard.
- XACT Reports
- Describes the XACT report feature.
- XACT Property Grid
- Provides a quick reference for the XACT property grid.
For related topics about XACT, see: