Tracking Database Sizing Guidelines
This section describes sizing considerations for the BizTalk Tracking (BizTalkDTADb) database in BizTalk Server. It explains how to use equations and message variables to determine how large the BizTalk Tracking database will become over a given period of time, and provides specific examples of how to apply the equations. This provides the rough co-relation between BizTalk messages, tracking settings and the tracking database size. It does not take into account other SQL Server factors such as index size in the tracking tables; you may want to consider reasonable multipliers to account for those factors.
In This Section
- Using Message Variables to Size the Tracking Database
- Sizing the Tracking Database to Track Message Bodies
- Scenario 1: Sizing the Tracking Database for Simple BizTalk Messages
- Scenario 2: Sizing the Tracking Database for Messages in Orchestrations
- Scenario 3: Sizing the Tracking Database for Messages Sent Out to Distribution Lists
- Scenario 4: Sizing the Tracking Database for all Messages
© 2014 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.