Source Control Walkthroughs
Visual Studio .NET provides integrated source control services. You can use the most common source control commands on your files, projects, and solutions without leaving the Integrated Development Environment (IDE).
These walkthroughs are designed to help you set up and use integrated source control services effectively. They build on each other, introducing concepts and suggesting best practices to help you better understand and handle some of the more complex source control scenarios. For this reason, it is important to work through them in the order that they appear.
In This Section
- Walkthrough: Setting Up Integrated Source Control Services
- Covers the tasks required to get a small team started with integrated source control services in Visual Studio, and describes how to create a database and configure settings for the source control server and clients.
- Walkthrough: Creating and Managing Source-Controlled Projects
- Describes how to create a multiproject solution, add it to source control, check out, edit, and then check in changes to the source control server.
- Walkthrough: Performing Shared Checkouts of Source-Controlled Items
- Describes how multiple users can check out a solution on different computers, check in conflicting changes, and resolve a merge conflict.
- Visual Studio Walkthroughs
- Introduces important areas of the Visual Studio product. Discusses the development of a specific application type or major application feature using a series of steps.