Overview of the SQL Server Tools
Microsoft® SQL Server™ 2000 includes many graphical and command prompt utilities that allow users, programmers, and administrators to:
- Administer and configure SQL Server.
- Determine the catalog information in a copy of SQL Server.
- Design and test queries for retrieving data.
- Copy, import, export, and transform data.
- Provide diagnostic information.
- Start and stop SQL Server.
In addition to these utilities, SQL Server contains several wizards to walk administrators and programmers through the steps needed to perform more complex administrative tasks.