This section contains information to help system designers and manufacturers optimize systems for best performance.
Many factors affect performance: firmware design, applications that load at system startup, memory and I/O components, and the built-in capabilities of system components such as graphics, storage, and networking devices.
Download a paper on the Windows PC Accelerators that improve performance: SuperFetch, ReadyBoot, ReadyBoost, ReadyDrive; guidance for PC and storage device manufacturers.
This paper describes how drivers can safely use hardware performance counters on Windows 7 platforms.
- Improve Performance of a File Server with SMB Direct
- Performance Tuning Guidelines for previous versions of Windows Server
- Microsoft Server Performance Advisor
- How to Use NTttcp to Test Network performance
- Windows Events
- Windows Performance Toolkit Technical Reference
- Windows Performance Monitor