Create a company marketing profile
Microsoft attracts millions of qualified prospects to its web properties every year. You can grow your market by syndicating your solutions to customers through your Partner marketing profile. A marketing profile tells customers what your organization does, describes your expertise, and how your solutions and services address their business needs. Profiles increase your customer engagement opportunities, which are called referrals. Created for our strongest partners, Microsoft referrals save you time and effort while connecting you with customers looking for your unique solutions.
As you may know, Microsoft is working hard to create a new and improved experience for partners to publish and maintain their profiles. Ultimately, all partner profiles will be migrated to this new experience, and this site will be taken offline later in 2017. Thank you for your patience while we complete this exciting upgrade. We will be providing updates and guidance during the process. In the meantime, please note the following:
- If your profile is listed on this site and you would like to modify it, please log-in to this tool.
- If you are enrolled in Microsoft’s Cloud Service Provider (CSP) Program, please log on to Partner Center. You can either create a new profile, or import your existing Pinpoint profile. Note that all changes to your profile must be made prior to importing it. Please see the Create a marketing profile how-to guide for details.
- If you are unable to modify your profile, please contact your Regional Service Center.
Customer Reviews: As part of the planned transition from Pinpoint to Partner Center, the previous customer review listing functionality has been retired and partners can no longer access customer reviews. A communication was sent to all affected partners via their designated email contact prior to removal of the functionality and related reviews. The current plan is to replace it with a more robust and reliable system in the future.
Use the following marketing profile guidelines when developing your profile:
- Describe your qualifications and expertise, or those of your organization.
- Use your legal organization name.
- Include a link to your company’s homepage in the website box.
- Ensure all your information is current and accurate.
- Do not refer to another Microsoft partner company by name, unless it is a subsidiary or is somehow affiliated with your company, or if you have a current agreement with that partner company to act in partnership and/or promote each other for shared work opportunities.
Use your Company Marketing Profile to describe your company’s expertise in Microsoft technologies, list the applications and professional services you offer, and to inform potential customers about the business needs you can help them address.
Creating your profile
- Sign in to manage your Pinpoint account.
- Click the Company tab on the navigation bar.
- Click the Details tab.
- Click Company properties and complete the following:
- Upload a company logo.
- Enter the URL for your website in the Website field.
- Click Save.
- Click Add languages and complete the following:
- Select a language from the drop-down menu or click Add languages.
- Enter a full description for your company in the Description field.
- Add locations that will be associated with your profile in the Add locations field. You can assign a primary location by clicking Make this the primary location.
- Click Save.
- Preview your profile and click Submit for Approval when you are ready to publish it on Pinpoint or in other marketplaces.
Writing your description
- State your company’s expertise immediately, preferably within the first sentence. Call out the Microsoft products on which you focus. Example: ABC Enterprises delivers on-site and e-learning training. We are experts in Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- Convey the benefits of what you offer or the problem you help customers solve. Example: We help your employees build practical skills that they can apply immediately to improve productivity and lower your costs. We specialize in Dynamics integration and customized CRM application development.
- Include a list of the services and software applications you want to promote.
- Focus on keywords and do not use large blocks of text. Online customers tend to scan rather than read.