Installing the WpdServiceSampleDriver Sample
Similar to the other WPD samples, this sample driver installs as a root-enumerated device. It appears under the Portable Devices or WPD node in Device Manager, with a device ID of ROOT\WPD\NNNN.
Driver Installation Steps
Complete the following steps to install the sample driver:
- Launch the desired build environment from the Start menu.
- Build the sample (“build –cZ”).
- Copy WUDFUpdate_0xxxx.dll from the <WDK_Install_Location>\redist\wdf\<architecture> directory to the directory that contains the driver DLL.
- Install the driver (“devcon install wpdservicesampledriver.inf WUDF\WpdService”)
Be aware that the last argument to the devcon command corresponds to the following entry that is located in the driver's INF file.
Driver Removal Steps
Complete the following steps to remove the sample driver:
- Open Windows Device Manager.
- Under the Portable Devices node, click the driver that you want to remove.
- Click Uninstall.