Installing the WpdMultiTransportDriver Sample
Similar to the other WPD samples, this sample driver is installed as a root-enumerated device. It appears under the Portable Devices or WPD node in Device Manager, with a device ID of ROOT\WPD\NNNN.
Driver Installation Steps
Complete the following steps to install the sample driver:
- Launch the desired build environment from the Start menu.
- Build the sample (“build –cZ”).
- Copy WUDFUpdate_0xxxx.dll to the directory that contains the driver DLL. This can be found in the <WDK Install Path>\redist\wdf\<architecture> directory.
- Install the driver (“devcon install wpdmultitransportdriver.inf WUDF\MultiTransport”).
Be aware that the last argument to the devcon command corresponds to the following entry from the driver's INF file.
Driver Removal Steps
Complete the following steps to remove the sample driver:
- Open Device Manager.
- Under the Portable Devices node, click the driver that you want to uninstall.
- Click Uninstall.