Provides classes for enumerating devices.
The following are typical uses of the Windows.Devices.Enumeration API.
- Building a user interface for selecting the device to be used by an application. For example, a voice chat application may present a list of microphones or webcams for the user to select from, or a photo import application may present a list of removable storage devices for the user to import photos from.
- Get general information about devices connected to or discoverable by the system.
- Device discovery and notifications about devices for apps that use them, like Windows Store device apps.
The Windows.Devices.Enumeration namespace has these types of members:
|DeviceAccessChangedEventArgs||Provides data for the AccessChanged event.|
|DeviceAccessInformation||Contains the information about access to a device.|
|DeviceConnectionChangeTriggerDetails||Provides information about the device that caused this trigger to fire.|
|DeviceDisconnectButtonClickedEventArgs||Provides data for the DisconnectButtonClicked event on the DevicePicker object.|
|DeviceInformation||Represents a device.|
|DeviceInformationCollection||Represents a collection of DeviceInformation objects.|
|DeviceInformationCustomPairing||Represents a custom pairing for a DeviceInformation object.|
|DeviceInformationPairing||Contains information and enables pairing for a device.|
|DeviceInformationUpdate||Contains updated properties for a DeviceInformation object.|
|DevicePairingRequestedEventArgs||Provides data for the PairingRequested event.|
|DevicePairingResult||Contains information about the result of attempting to pair a device.|
|DevicePicker||Represents a picker flyout that contains a list of devices for the user to choose from.|
|DevicePickerAppearance||Represents the appearance of a device picker.|
|DevicePickerFilter||Represents the filter used to determine which devices to show in the device picker.|
|DeviceSelectedEventArgs||Provides data for the DeviceSelected event on the DevicePicker object.|
|DeviceThumbnail||Represents the thumbnail image for a device.|
|DeviceUnpairingResult||Contains information about the result of attempting to unpair a device.|
|DeviceWatcher||Enumerates devices dynamically, so that the app receives notifications if devices are added, removed, or changed after the initial enumeration is complete.|
|DeviceWatcherEvent||Triggered when the list of devices is updated after the initial enumeration is complete.|
|DeviceWatcherTriggerDetails||Provides details about the device updates that invoked the trigger.|
|EnclosureLocation||Describes the physical location of a device in its enclosure.|
The Windows.Devices.Enumeration namespace has these enumerations.
|DeviceAccessStatus||Indicates the status of the access to a device.|
|DeviceClass||Indicates the type of devices that the user wants to enumerate.|
|DeviceInformationKind||Represents the kind of DeviceInformation object.|
|DevicePairingKinds||Indicates the kinds of pairing supported by your application or requested by the system.|
|DevicePairingProtectionLevel||The level of protection for pairing.|
|DevicePairingResultStatus||The result of the pairing action with an Association Endpoint (AEP) device object.|
|DevicePickerDisplayStatusOptions||Indicates what you'd like the device picker to show about a given device. Used with the SetDisplayStatus method on the DevicePicker object.|
|DeviceUnpairingResultStatus||The result of the unpairing action.|
|DeviceWatcherEventKind||The type of event.|
|DeviceWatcherStatus||Describes the state of a DeviceWatcher object.|
|Panel||Indicates the location of a panel on a computer.|
The Windows.Devices.Enumeration namespace defines these interfaces.
|IDevicePairingSettings||Identifies a collection of settings for device pairing.|
- Enumerate devices
- Enumerate devices over a network
- Build a device selector
- Basic media casting sample (Windows 10)
- Device enumeration and pairing sample (Windows 10)
- Camera preview frame sample (Windows 10)
- Basic camera app sample (Windows 10)
- Camera face detection sample (Windows 10)
- Video stabilization sample (Windows 10)
- Manual camera controls sample (Windows 10)
- High dynamic range sample (Windows 10)
- Custom USB device sample (Windows 10)