Visual Studio 2010 Feature Packs
Feature Packs enable you to extend Visual Studio 2010 with capabilities that enhance and complement the existing tools.
Feature Pack Downloads
Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010 and Project Server Integration Feature Pack (MSDN Subscribers with Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate)
Integration between Project Server and Team Foundation Server is a considerable advancement for organizations that want to bridge the collaboration gap between the Project Management Office and software development teams. For more information, check out
Brian Harry's post.
This feature pack is a Microsoft Compiled HTML Help file (.chm), which you can open on any computer that supports this file type. After you download the feature pack, you cannot view its contents unless you right-click the .chm file, click Properties, and then click Unblock.
Visual Studio 2010 Load Test Feature Pack (MSDN Subscribers with Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate)
Today, out of the box, Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate allows you to stress test your application with 250 virtual users on a local load test run. If your load testing requires more virtual users, or if you want to use remote machines, you must purchase Visual Studio Load Test Virtual User Pack 2010.
With the Visual Studio 2010 Load Test Feature Pack, active Visual Studio Ultimate with MSDN subscribers are provided a license key to generate UNLIMITED virtual users without having to purchase the Visual Studio Load Test Virtual User Pack 2010. Now you can stress test your applications and discover performance, architectural and design issues early and throughout the application lifecycle. For more information on load test and web performance test capabilities, check out "
Testing Application Performance and Stress".
Visual Studio 2010 Lab Management Feature Pack
Lab management extends the existing Visual Studio Application Lifecycle Management platform to enable an integrated Hyper-V based test lab.
Visual Studio 2010 Feature Pack 2 (MSDN Subscribers Only)
Cumulative feature pack that extends testing, code visualization and modeling capabilities in Visual Studio 2010. Additional information follows below.
Visual Studio 2010 Feature Pack 2 Information
|Visual Studio 2010 Feature Pack 2 Information|
Cumulative feature pack that extends testing, code visualization and modeling capabilities in Visual Studio 2010.
- Use Microsoft Test Manager to capture and playback action recordings for Silverlight 4 applications.
- Create coded UI tests for Silverlight 4 applications with Visual Studio 2010 Premium or Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate.
- Edit coded UI tests using a graphical editor with Visual Studio 2010 Premium or Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate.
- Use action recordings to fast forward through manual tests that need to support Mozilla Firefox 3.5 and 3.6.
- Run coded UI tests for web applications using Mozilla Firefox 3.5 and 3.6 with Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Premium or Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate.
Code visualization and modeling features (requires Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate):
- Use the Generate Code command to generate skeleton code from elements on UML class diagrams. You can use the default transformations, or you can write custom transformations to translate UML types into code.
- Create UML class diagrams from existing code.
- Explore the organization and relationships in C, C++, and ASP.NET projects by generating dependency graphs.
- Import elements from UML sequence diagrams, class diagrams, and use case diagrams as XMI 2.1 files that are exported from other modeling tools.
- Create links and view links from work items to model elements.
- Create layer diagrams from C or C++ code and validate dependencies.
- Write code to modify layer diagrams and to validate code against layer diagrams.
- Requires either VS Ultimate, VS Premium or Test Professional with an MSDN subscription, Microsoft Bizspark or MSDN Academic Alliance.
- This is a cumulative feature pack. The Visual Studio 2010 Visualization and Modeling Feature Pack features are included.
- If you already have Visual Studio 2010 Visualization and Modeling Feature Pack installed on your computer, make sure you read these
detailed instructions prior to installing Feature Pack 2.