VSTS 2010 - Agile Planning Tools in Visual Studio Team System 2010
By Ajoy Krishnamoorthy | January 2009
This article discusses:
This article uses the following technologies:
VSTS 2010, VSTS Process for Agile Software Development 1.0
Release and Iteration Planning
- User Story
- Test Case
- Create a new team project using the VSTS 2010 Agile template.
- Build the product backlog by adding user story to the product backlog worksheet or by adding work items from within Visual Studio.
- Start assigning the items based on their stack rank in the product backlog to an iteration. By default, Iterations 0, 1, and 2 are created. You can create additional iterations using the team project settings.
- Set up queries to pull the user stories, tasks, and other items from particular iterations and map them to corresponding iteration backlog worksheets.
- 1.What are the requirements of the application?
- 2.How much it is going to cost? Obviously the answer to this is based on estimates. I have seen teams use story points, T-shirt sizes, or hours to estimate at this stage.
- Identify which parts of the UI to use for the phone
- Use a card stack architecture for the UI
- Identify most popular phones
- Reduce number of keystrokes needed to place an order