Visual Basic .NET is the next generation of the Visual Basic language. It works specifically with the common language runtime and the .NET Framework Class Library. There are many significant changes from Visual Basic to Visual Basic .NET. This section gets you started on the way to building applications using Visual Basic .NET.
In This Section
- Visual Basic Programming
- Provides an overview of Visual Basic .NET. Also provides a summary of the changes between Visual Basic and Visual Basic .NET.
- Visual Basic .NET Language Specification
- Provides a complete language description of Visual Basic .NET.
- Inside the .NET Framework
- Describes key .NET Framework concepts such as the common language runtime, the common type system (CTS), cross-language interoperability, managed execution, assemblies, and security.
- Programming with the .NET Framework
- Explains common programming tasks that apply to a range of .NET Framework applications. Topics include accessing data, extending metadata, handling and throwing exceptions, processing transactions, and securing applications.
- .NET Framework Class Library
- Contains links to topics that explain the namespaces in the .NET Framework class library and explains how to use the class library documentation.