Declared Element Characteristics
Visual Studio .NET 2003
A characteristic of a declared element is an aspect of that element that affects how code can interact with it. Every declared element has one or more of four characteristics — data type, lifetime, scope, and accessibility — associated with it.
In This Section
- Characteristics of Visual Basic Declared Elements
- Presents a list of all Visual Basic declared elements and the characteristics associated with each.
- Explains how lifetimes are determined, how they begin and end, and how they can be extended.
- Describes the different levels of scope a programming element can have.
- Describes the different levels of accessibility a programming element can have.