The document is archived and information here might be outdated
JScript objects are collections of properties and methods. The following sections link to information that explains how to use JScript objects.
Note The JScript runtime is not designed to be thread-safe. Consequently, JScript objects and methods may have unpredictable behavior when used in multithreaded applications.
In This Section
- ActiveXObject Object
- Enables and returns a reference to an Automation object.
- arguments Object
- Provides access to the arguments passed to the current function.
- Array Object
- Provides support for creation of arrays of any data type.
- Boolean Object
- Creates a new Boolean value.
- Date Object
- Enables basic storage and retrieval of dates and times.
- Enumerator Object
- Enables enumeration of items in a collection.
- Error Object
- An object that contains information about errors that occur while JScript code is running.
- Function Object
- Creates a new function.
- Global Object
- An intrinsic object whose purpose is to collect global methods into one object.
- Math Object
- An intrinsic object that provides basic mathematics functionality and constants.
- Number Object
- An object representation of the number data type and placeholder for numeric constants.
- Object Object
- Provides functionality common to all JScript objects.
- RegExp Object
- Stores information on regular expression pattern searches.
- Regular Expression Object
- Contains a regular expression pattern.
- String Object
- Allows manipulation and formatting of text strings and determination and location of substrings within strings.
- VBArray Object
- Provides access to Visual Basic safe arrays.
- JScript Reference
- Lists elements that comprise JScript Language Reference and links to topics that explain the details behind the proper use of language elements.
- Lists the methods, classified alphabetically, available in JScript, and links to each category of methods.
- Provides a list of properties available in JScript and links to topics that explain the proper syntax of use of each property.
- JScript Objects
- Explains the concept of objects in JScript, how objects are related to properties and methods, and links to topics that provide more detail about the objects that JScript supports.