Data in Office Solutions
Many Office solutions enable users to retrieve or modify data. When you create Office solutions by using Visual Studio, there are several different ways you can work with data.
In This Section
- Binding Data to Controls in Office Solutions
Describes how to bind data to controls in Office solutions.
- Custom XML Parts Overview
Describes how to use custom XML parts to work with data in Office solutions.
- Cached Data in Document-Level Customizations
Describes how to store data in an embedded data island that is accessible without starting the Office application.
- XML Schemas and Data in Document-Level Customizations
Describes how to use XML schemas in document-level customizations to create controls that are bound to XML data.
- Using Local Database Files in Office Solutions Overview
Describes how to import database files into your projects, and when you can cache data for offline use.
- Accessing Data in Visual Studio
Lists topics that illustrate how to work with data in Visual Studio.
- Saving Data
Provides links to topics about working with datasets, including modifying data in a dataset and writing changes back to the data source.
- Designing and Creating Office Solutions
Provides links to information about how to get started creating Office projects by using Visual Studio.