Sensor driver installation
To install the sensor driver on Windows 8, just plug the board into your Windows 8 computer. This installs an in-box version of the HID class driver.
However, if you want to install the sample driver, you must override the default installation. To do this, follow these steps:
Make sure that your driver builds without errors.
Copy the DLL and INF files for your driver to a separate folder.
Install the Windows Sensor Development kit board, or some other HID sensor board with VID = C1CA and PID = 0020. Locate this newly installed board in the Device Manager under Human Interface Devices – it will be a “HID-compliant device.”.
- Right-click on the device and select Update Driver Software…
- Select Browse my computer for driver software
- Select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
- Select Have disk…
- Select Browse…
- Navigate to the folder in which the DLL and INF files were placed in step 2. Select the INF and select Open
- Select OK
- Select Next
- If a Windows security prompt appears, select Install this driver software anyway
- The device will appear in Device Manager under Sensors as a HID Sensor Collection.
Build date: 11/29/2012