Installation of the Enhanced Storage Certificate Management Tool
The Enhanced Storage Certificate Management tool is available for x86-based, Itanium-based, and x64-based computers that run Windows 7 and later versions of Windows. To install the Enhanced Storage Certificate Management tool on a computer, complete the following steps:
- Copy EhStorCertMgrCmd.exe from WDKPath\tools\EnhancedStorage\ProcessorArchitecture to %SystemRoot%\System32 on the computer, where:
- WDKPath is the path of the directory that you installed the Windows Driver Kit (WDK) on.
- ProcessorArchitecture is the processor architecture of the computer that the Enhanced Storage Certificate Management tool will be installed and running on. The WDK installs processor-specific versions of the files in the tools\EnhancedStorage\amd64, tools\EnhancedStorage\i386, and tools\EnhancedStorage\ia64 subdirectories under the WDKPath directory.
For example, if the test computer is running the 32-bit version of Windows, you have to copy tools\EnhancedStorage\i386\EhStorCertMgrCmd.exe to %SystemRoot%\System32.
Copy EhStorCertMgrComponent.dll from WDKPath\tools\EnhancedStorage\ProcessorArchitecture to %SystemRoot%\System32 on the computer.
- Copy EhStorCertMgrCmd.exe.mui and EhStorCertMgrComponent.dll.mui from WDKPath\tools\EnhancedStorage\ProcessorArchitecture to the locale-specific subdirectory in %SystemRoot%\System32 on the computer.
For example, if your locale is the United States, you must copy all of the .mui files to %SystemRoot%\System32\EN-US.
Right-click Command Prompt and click Run as administrator.
- At the command prompt, type the following command:
regsvr32 /s %SystemRoot%/System32/EhStorCertMgrComponent.dll