Running test passes
The MITT platform can test GPIO buttons by offering both test automation and the option to customize the GPIO patterns that are sent for targeted investigations.
For more information on the MITT testing tool, contact MittSupport@microsoft.com.
To get started, see GPIO buttons testing with MITT platform. Download the installer, unpack its contents, and read the ReadMe file for a general overview of the tool.
It is important to perform end-to-end indicator testing for convertibles to expose any potential issues in the following areas:
- Various timings when converting the system from one mode to another mode.
- Mechanical specifics of the convertible.
Start with the system in laptop mode (keyboard accessible).
- Press the Window button to navigate to Start.
- Press a letter using the keyboard to start Search.
- Tap into the edit field. Validation: The on-screen-keyboard should not deploy.
- Rotate the system (Landscape to Portrait and back). Validation: The system should not rotate.
- Convert from laptop to slate (the keyboard becomes inaccessible). Example of such actions are: swivel or flip the screen, detach the keyboard, etc.
- Tap in the Search edit field. Validation: The on-screen-keyboard should deploy.
- Rotate the system (Landscape to Portrait and back). Validation: The system should rotate.
Repeat these steps for each of distinct ways that the system can be converted into the tablet mode.