Getting started with CDXML
This section includes topics to get you started understanding and using CDXML.
- CDXML definition and terms
This topic defines CDXML and its terms and lists resources for further reading.
- CIM class overview
This topic introduces the core CIM class definition concepts.
- Getting object instances through querying and filtering
This topic provides an overview of how to retrieve the instances of a class from a CIM server.
- Performing operations on instances
This topic provides an overview of how a cmdlet that corresponds to an instance method, intrinsic or extrinsic, is applied to a set of instances of a class that have been retrieved by using a query constructed based on the query parameters.
- Creating a new instance
This topic provides an overview of creating new instances of WMI objects.
- Performing class operations
This topic provides an overview of performing class operations.
- Handling WhatIf and Confirm in cmdlets
This topic covers some of the design considerations regarding handling WhatIf and Confirm in cmdlets.
- Working with computers that are not running on Windows Server
This topic covers some of the design considerations regarding working with computers that are not running Windows Server.
- High-level CDXML structure
This topic lists the structure of a CDXML document.