The Rights Management Services SDK 2.1 platform enables developers to build applications that leverage RMS information protection. The platform handles complex security practices such as key management, encryption and decryption processing and, offers a simplified API for easy application development.
Read these sections (below):
- Why use RMS SDK 2.1 for protecting your content
- Core principles
Try using RMS SDK 2.1 by following the guidance in these topics:
For developers who want to add RMS support to their new and existing applications, the RMS SDK 2.1 helps make it easier to:
- Author manageable, compliant and robust RMS-aware applications.
- Encrypt user data persistently. The data remains encrypted regardless of the environment, device, or operating system.
- Enforce a rich set of usage restrictions, such as preventing screen captures of your sensitive data.
- Support enterprise-managed protection policies.
- Support new authentication mechanisms and encryption algorithms as they become available.
The RMS SDK 2.1 supports a range of important client and server platforms. For more information see, Supported platforms.
- Simplicity—Feedback and usage patterns for the AD RMS SDK 1.0 were analyzed, and that data used to simplify or automate the most difficult programming tasks. RMS applications authored using the RMS SDK 2.1 typically require 5–10 times fewer lines of RMS code than RMS applications written using AD RMS SDK 1.0.
- Write once—RMS SDK 2.1 applications do not need a code change or a recompile to work with the newest RMS features. New RMS features will become available in your existing application as they get added to the RMS server.
- Consistency—RMS SDK 2.1 helps make it easy to write applications that consistently honor different RMS configurations. It also significantly reduces the amount of RMS user interface you, as the application developer, needs to author, encouraging a consistent look and feel and reducing the need for user education.
- AD RMS samples
- AD RMS Developer's Corner
- Install the SDK
- IPCHelloWorld - an example application
- Supported platforms
- Testing your rights-enabled application