GridItem Control Pattern
Describes guidelines and conventions for implementing IGridItemProvider, including information about properties. The GridItem control pattern is used to support individual child controls of containers that implement IGridProvider.
For examples of controls that implement this control pattern, see Control Types and Their Supported Control Patterns.
This topic contains the following sections.
When implementing the GridItem control pattern, note the following guidelines and conventions:
- Grid coordinates are zero-based with the upper left cell having coordinates (0, 0).
- Merged cells will report their Row and Column properties based on their underlying anchor cell as defined by the Microsoft UI Automation provider. Typically, it will be the topmost and leftmost row or column.
- IGridProvider does not provide for active manipulation of the grid such as merging or splitting cells.
- Controls that implement IGridProvider can typically be traversed (that is, a UI Automation client can move to adjacent controls) by using the keyboard.
The following properties are required for implementing the IGridItemProvider interface.
|Required members||Member type||Notes|
This control pattern has no associated methods or events.
- Control Types and Their Supported Control Patterns
- Grid Control Pattern
- UI Automation Control Patterns Overview
- UI Automation Tree Overview