Windows Store apps
The resources listed below are designed to help you in migrating apps built in Window 8 to Windows 8.1.
- Upgrading your app from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1–A white paper that contains guidance and tips on migrating your app from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1, from start to finish. Includes best practices, deprecations, and guidance on resubmitting your app to the Windows Store.
- New APIs and features for developers–Get to know Windows 8.1 by looking at new APIs and features.
- Retarget your Windows 8 Store app to Windows 8.1–Step-by-step guidance on how to migrate your app from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1.
- Updated samples–Samples for Windows 8.1 that demonstrate how to use new APIs and features, and how to mitigate deprecations.
- DirectX programming–New features and improvements for games and graphic apps.
- For information on API changes in Windows 8.1 related to programming with C#/VB/C++ and XAML, see API changes for Windows 8.1 (Windows Store apps using C#/VB/C++ and XAML)