Automatic Jump List Sample
Demonstrates how to add items to the automatic Jump List for an application, including switching between the display of the Frequent and Recent categories.
This topic contains the following sections.
|Product||Minimum Product Version|
|Windows Software Development Kit (SDK)||7.0|
This sample is available in the following locations.
|Code Gallery||Windows Shell Integration Samples on Code Gallery|
|Windows 7 SDK||Download Windows 7 SDK|
In the case of the Windows SDK, once you have downloaded and installed it, you will find the samples in the installed directory. For example, use of the default installation path for the Windows 7 SDK results in the samples being placed under
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0\Samples\.
To build the sample from the command prompt:
- Open the command prompt window and navigate to the AutomaticJumpList project directory.
To build the sample using Microsoft Visual Studio (preferred):
- Open Windows Explorer and navigate to the AutomaticJumpList project directory.
- Double-click the icon for the AutomaticJumpListSample.sln file to open the project in Visual Studio.
- From the Build menu, select Build Solution.
- Navigate to the directory that contains the new executable, using the command prompt or Windows Explorer.
- At the command line, enter
AutomaticJumpListSample.exe. Alternatively, from Windows Explorer double-click the icon for AutomaticJumpListSample.exe.
- This sample must be run as an administrator the first time it is run so that it can install the necessary file type registrations. After the file types have been registered, the sample can run as a standard user.
- Select options from the menu in the sample application, including the selection of .txt or .doc documents through the Open dialog to see how they affect the application's Jump List in the taskbar.