Logging plug-ins handle WMS_EVENT_LOG or WMS_EVENT_REMOTE_CACHE_LOG event notices. The server raises the WMS_EVENT_LOG event when it logs client activity, and it raises the WMS_EVENT_REMOTE_CACHE_LOG event for any of the following reasons:
- A player has submitted a rendering log upstream to indicate that it has played a file from its local cache.
- A cache proxy server has submitted a remote log upstream to indicate that it has streamed a file to a client from cache.
- A cache proxy server has submitted a log upstream to indicate that it has proxied content from an upstream server to a downstream client.
When the WMS_EVENT_LOG or the WMS_EVENT_REMOTE_CACHE_LOG event occurs, the server calls the plug-in's implementation of OnEvent on the IWMSEventNotificationPlugin interface, and the plug-in can access the client's logged statistics from the command context. For more information, see Implementing a Logging Plug-in.
- Creating Logging Plug-ins
- IWMSEventNotificationPlugin.OnEvent (C#)
- IWMSEventNotificationPlugin.OnEvent (Visual Basic .NET)