Quickstart: Registering your app to use Live Connect(HTML)
Before your Windows Store app can use any Live Connect features, you must first register it in your Windows Store Dashboard.
This quickstart describes two different ways to do this. Pick the one that is most convenient for you.
You can register your app from Microsoft Visual Studio.
You can register your app by using your Windows Store Dashboard and entering the package identity manually into your app's package manifest.
Important Unlike other features in Windows 8 and Windows 8.1, Live Connect features require that you configure your Windows Store apps in the Windows Store Dashboard before your app can use those features.
A Windows Store developer account
If you don't have a Windows Store developer account, go to your Windows Store Dashboard to create one. After you have your Windows Store developer account, you can continue.
A Windows Store app project in Microsoft Visual Studio.
If you haven't created a Windows Store app project in Visual Studio, use the second option to create an entry in the Windows Store. However, after you create the project in Visual Studio for your app, you'll need to associate your app's project to the app name you created in the Windows Store by using the Associate App with the Store... option in the Store menu in Visual Studio.
Time to complete: 10 minutes.
To configure your Windows Store app, open your app's project file in Visual Studio:
- From the Store menu, select Associate App with the Store...
- Click Sign in to sign into your Windows Store developer account using your Microsoft account credentials. If you don't have a Windows Store developer account, go to your Windows Store Dashboard to create one, and then restart this procedure.
- Select the app from the list with which you want to associate your app in Visual Studio. If the app is not listed, click Reserve name to add it to your Windows Store developer account.
- Click Next to review the info that the wizard will add to your app.
- If the info looks correct, click Associate and the wizard will update your app's package manifest.
If you want to configure your app in your Windows Store Dashboard and update the app package in Visual Studio separately:
- Go to your Dashboard.
Note Do not go to the Live Connect app management site. That site does not provide package identities for Windows Store apps.
- If prompted, sign in with your Microsoft account credentials.
Find or add the app in your Dashboard.
- Click Advanced features.
- Click Push Notifications and Live Connect services info.
- Follow the on-screen directions below If your app uses Live Connect services, review. These instructions describe what properties to change in your app's package manifest and the values to give them.
- After you've updated your app's package manifest, close the Push Notifications and Live Connect services info screen and return to the Advanced features page.
- Click Save.
This quickstart showed you how to register your app with the Windows Store.
With your app registered in the Windows Store, you're ready to add the Live Connect features that will help you personalize your app.