Quickstart: Adding app settings using Windows Runtime
Read the Guidelines for app settings.
- Listen for the settings pane's CommandsRequested event.
Specify the commands in the associated callback. For each command:
- Show the appropriate app-defined settings UI in response to the user invocation of a settings command.
- Keep the UI for this simple, and dismissible with a touch, to keep the user in the current app context.
- Reflect settings changes in the app instantly.
- Show the settings UI on the same side as the charms appear by checking the SettingsEdgeLocation property.
In this quickstart, you learned the two high-level steps in setting up the Settings contract using Windows Runtime classes.
- Application settings sample
- Guidelines for app settings