ScrollItem Control Pattern
Describes guidelines and conventions for implementing IScrollItemProvider, including information about methods. The ScrollItem control pattern is used to support individual child controls of containers that implement IScrollProvider.
The ScrollItem control pattern acts as a communication channel between a child control and its container to ensure that the container can change the currently visible content (or region) within its viewport to display the child control. For examples of controls that implement this control pattern, see Control Types and Their Supported Control Patterns.
This topic contains the following sections.
When implementing the ScrollItem control pattern, note the following guidelines and conventions:
- Items contained within a Window or Canvas control are not required to implement the IScrollItemProvider interface. As an alternative, however, they must expose a valid location for the IUIAutomationElement::CurrentBoundingRectangle (or CachedBoundingRectangle) property. This will allow a Microsoft UI Automation client application to use the IUIAutomationScrollPattern control pattern methods on the container to display the child item.
The following method is required for implementing the IScrollItemProvider interface.
|Required members||Member type||Notes|
This control pattern has no associated properties or events.
- Control Types and Their Supported Control Patterns
- Selection Control Pattern
- UI Automation Control Patterns Overview
- UI Automation Tree Overview