Custom Properties, Events, and Control Patterns
The Microsoft UI Automation API specifies a predefined core set of properties, control patterns, and events. However, applications are not limited to using these predefined specifications. The UI Automation extensibility features enable third parties to introduce custom, mutually agreed-upon properties, events, and control patterns to support new UI elements and application scenarios. UI Automation providers and clients can begin using the custom properties, events, and control patterns immediately without requiring the core UI Automation framework to be updated.
- Designing Custom Properties, Events, and Control Patterns
- Registering Custom Properties, Events, and Control Patterns
- UI Automation Properties Overview
- UI Automation Events Overview
- UI Automation Control Patterns Overview
- UI Automation Fundamentals