PushNotificationChannelManager.CreatePushNotificationChannelForApplicationAsync(String) | createPushNotificationChannelForApplicationAsync(String) method
Creates an object, bound to a specified app, through which you retrieve a push notification channel from Windows Push Notification Services (WNS). The specified app must be in the same package as the calling app.
Windows.Networking.PushNotifications.PushNotificationChannelManager.createPushNotificationChannelForApplicationAsync(applicationId).done( /* Your success and error handlers */ );
The Package Relative Application ID (PRAID) of the app to bind to the push notification channel.
The object, bound to the app specified in applicationId, that is used to request a PushNotificationChannel from the WNS.
Tile update, toast, and badge notifications that arrive on this channel are delivered to the app's main or default tile.
An exception is thrown if you attempt to register a WNS push notification channel when there is no data connection. For a list of error codes that can be received, see CreatePushNotificationChannelForApplicationAsync.
Minimum supported client
Minimum supported server
|Windows Server 2012|
Minimum supported phone
|Windows Phone 8.1 [Windows Phone Silverlight 8.1 and Windows Runtime apps]|
- WNS overview
- Push and periodic notifications sample
- Quickstart: Sending a tile push notification
- Quickstart: Sending a toast push notification
- How to update a badge through push notifications
- How to authenticate with the Windows Push Notification Service (WNS)
- How to request, create, and save a notification channel
- Guidelines and checklist for push notifications
- Push notification service request and response headers