Working with Images, Bitmaps, Icons, and Metafiles
GDI+ provides the Bitmap class for working with raster images and the Metafile class for working with vector images. The Bitmap and the Metafile classes both inherit from the Image class.
In This Section
- How to: Draw an Existing Bitmap to the Screen
Describes how to load and draw bitmaps.
- How to: Load and Display Metafiles
Shows how to load and draw metafiles.
- Cropping and Scaling Images in GDI+
Explains how to crop and scale vector and raster images.
- How to: Rotate, Reflect, and Skew Images
Describes how to draw rotated, reflected and skewed images.
- How to: Use Interpolation Mode to Control Image Quality During Scaling
Shows how to use the InterpolationMode enumeration to change image quality.
- How to: Create Thumbnail Images
Describes how to create thumbnail images.
- How to: Improve Performance by Avoiding Automatic Scaling
Explains how to draw an image without automatic scaling.
- How to: Read Image Metadata
Describes how to read metadata from an image.
- How to: Create a Bitmap at Run Time
Shows how to draw a bitmap at runtime.
- How to: Extract the Icon Associated with a File in Windows Forms
Describes how to extract an icon that is an embedded resource of a file.
- Images, Bitmaps, and Metafiles
Contains links to topics that discuss different types of bitmaps and manipulating them in your applications.