Setting SQL Server Permissions for Debugging
To give debugging access to a SQL Server user, you must give the user permission to execute the extended stored procedure sp_sdidebug. Use the Enterprise Manager shipped with SQL Server or consult your database administrator.
For Windows NT 4.0 only, you must perform the following steps.
To set up SQL Server for debugging for Windows NT 4.0
- From the Start menu, choose Settings and click Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, choose Services.
- Select MSSQLServer and then choose Startup.
- Check the Log On As settings. If the option is set to System Account, change it to This Account, enter the valid domain and user account (in the form domain\account) of a user with administration privileges (that is, administrator on the local SQL Server machine), and then enter the password.
- If you have changed the settings, restart SQL Server.