What's New in Upgrading
Visual Basic .NET 2003 includes several new features for upgrading Visual Basic 6.0 applications and code to Visual Basic .NET.
What's New in Visual Basic .NET 2003
- Support for WebClass Upgrade
- You can now upgrade Visual Basic 6.0 WebClass projects to ASP.NET Web Applications. For more information, see Upgrading WebClass Projects to Visual Basic .NET.
- Support for UserControl Upgrade
- You can now upgrade Visual Basic 6.0 UserControl projects to Visual Basic .NET Windows Control Libraries. For more information, see UserControl Changes in Visual Basic .NET.
- Reuse Your Visual Basic 6.0 Code
- There is a new tool that allows you to paste in blocks of Visual Basic 6.0 code and convert it to Visual Basic .NET. For more information, see Upgrading Visual Basic 6.0 Code with the Upgrade Visual Basic 6 Code Dialog Box.
- Convert Visual J++ 6.0 and Java-Language Applications to Visual C# .NET
- The Java Language Conversion Assistant allows you to convert Java-language and Visual J++ 6.0 applications to Visual C# .NET. For more information, see Java Language Conversion Assistant.