WCF Data Services Resources
WCF Data Services introductory topics can be found in the following locations. Many of these topics also contain links to related topics that contain more detailed information.
- WCF Data Services Overview
- Provides an overview of the features and functionality available in WCF Data Services.
- Getting Started with the Entity Framework
- Describes how to design and access a data service by using WCF Data Services, as illustrated by the quickstart.
- Application Scenarios (WCF Data Services)
- Provides a task-based approach to creating WCF Data Services and applications that access Open Data Protocol (OData) feeds.
- Visual Studio and .NET Framework Glossary
- Includes terms used in WCF Data Services and OData documentation.
The following external resources provide additional information and support for creating WCF Data Services applications that expose and consume OData feeds.
- WCF Data Services Forum
- Data programming support for WCF Data Services developers.
- WCF Data Services Team Blog
- Blog that contains updates and discussion of WCF Data Services features and functionality.
- OData Web Site
- The primary source of information about OData.
- OData SDK
- Contains sample services, samples, and programming libraries that enable you to work with OData feeds.
- OData Blog
- Blog that contains discussions about OData programming.
- Data Access and Storage Developer Center
- Central location for finding information and resources for working with data.
- Data Platform How Do I? Videos: WCF Data Services Series
- Contains a set of video screen casts that demonstrate how to build and access data services.
- Overview: WCF Data Services
- A white paper that provides more high-level information about the benefits of WCF Data Services.
- Using Microsoft WCF Data Services
- A white paper that provides additional information and examples for creating data services and accessing data services in client applications.
- The Entity-Relationship Model: Toward a Unified View of Data by Peter Pin-Shan Chen, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Describes the basis for the entity-relational model that is implemented by WCF Data Services. Written in 1976, this is one of the most frequently cited papers in the computer field.