This documentation is archived and is not being maintained.
The following topics provide step-by-step examples of common deployment scenarios.
In the Visual Studio Documentation
- Deploying a Windows Application
- Guides you through deploying an application to another computer.
- Deploying a Web Solution
- Guides you through deploying a Web application to a Web server.
- Creating and Consuming a Merge Module
- Guides you through packaging a component in a merge module and then including the merge module in an installer.
- Creating a CAB File
- Guides you through distributing an ActiveX control.
- Creating a Custom Action
- Guides you through creating a custom action to send a user to a Web site following installation.
- Passing Data to a Custom Action
- Guides you through creating a custom action to pass data entered during installation to a custom action that modifies a configuration file.
- Using a Custom Action to Pre-compile an Assembly During Installation
- Guides you through creating a custom action to pre-compile an assembly after installation.
- Using a Custom Action to Create a Database During Installation
- Guides you through creating a custom action to create a database during installation.
- Redirecting an Application to Target a Different XML Web Service During Installation
- Demonstrates how to create a Web application that can be redirected to target a different XML Web service by using the URL Behavior property, an Installer class, and a Web Setup project.
- Visual Studio Walkthroughs
- Gives a related list of walkthroughs for all areas of programming in Visual Studio.