RadioButton and RadioButtonList Web Server Controls
The RadioButton and RadioButtonList Web server controls allow users to select one item from a short, predefined list. The following topics provide information that you will find useful in learning to work with these two controls.
Because there are two different controls, and because they function somewhat differently, it's important to understand their different purposes. You can refer to the following table to determine which topics pertain specifically to the control you want to work with.
In This Section
- Introduction to the RadioButton and RadioButtonList Web Server Controls
- Explains what you can do with RadioButton and RadioButtonList controls and what the differences are between them.
- Adding Individual RadioButton Controls to a Web Forms Page
- Gives directions for adding individual RadioButton controls to a page and grouping them.
- Adding RadioButtonList Controls to a Web Forms Page
- Gives directions for adding a RadioButtonList control (rather than individual RadioButton controls) to a page.
- Responding to a User Selection in a RadioButton Group
- Gives directions for writing an event handler that responds directly when the user clicks an individual RadioButton control.
- Setting and Getting the Selection in a RadioButton Web Server Control
- Gives directions for programmatically selecting and clearing individual RadioButton controls.
- Setting Layout in a RadioButtonList Web Server Control
- Gives directions for specifying how many columns of radio buttons the RadioButtonList control displays and how they are ordered.
- Adding Web Server Controls to a Web Forms Page
- Gives directions for including Web server controls on your Web Form.
- Adding Items in a List Web Server Control
- Gives directions for defining individual radio buttons in the RadioButtonList control, either at design time or programmatically at run time.
- Populating a List Web Server Control from a Database
- Gives directions for binding a RadioButtonList control to a database in order to display bound radio buttons.
- Setting the Selection in a List Web Server Control
- Gives directions for preselecting items in a RadioButtonList control.
- Determining the Selection in a List Web Server Control
- Gives directions for checking in code which radio button the user has clicked in a RadioButtonList selected.
- Responding to Changes in a List Web Server Control
- Gives directions for writing an event handler to respond directly when the user clicks an item in a RadioButtonList control.
- Setting ASP.NET Server Control Properties
- Suggests additional topics of interest concerning server control properties.
- Setting Web Server Control Properties Programmatically
- Gives directions for setting Web server control properties in code.
- Customizing the Appearance of ASP.NET Server Controls Using Styles
- Gives directions for changing the look of Web server controls on a page.