Causes deployment after a build (or a rebuild).
devenv /deploy ConfigName [/project ProjName] [/projectconfig ConfigName] SolutionName
- Required. The configuration to use.
- Required. The path and name of the solution file (.sln). If you want to build and deploy a single project configuration, use the
/project ProjNameargument to specify the project name.
- /project ProjName
- Optional. The project file name, as an absolute path or a relative path from the directory containing the solution file. You can also specify the project display name. Use this argument to build a single project within a solution with multiple projects.
- /projectconfig ConfigName
- Optional. The name of the build configuration.
The specified project must be a deployment project. If the specified project is not a deployment project, when the project that has been built is passed to be deployed, it fails with an error.
- Paths that include spaces must be enclosed in double quotation marks.
- Summary information for deployment appears in the Command Prompt window, the Solution Builder view of the Output window, and any .log file specified by the
This example deploys the release configuration of the solution
devenv /deploy release "c:\MySolutions\Visual Studio Projects\MySolution\MySolution.sln"