There are several ways to convert to and from types in a managed environment. This section explains the techniques and rules used to convert types using the .NET Framework.
In This Section
- Converting Overview
- Describes the basic concepts of managed type conversion.
- Type Conversion Tables
- Describes widening conversions and narrowing conversions.
- Converting with System.Convert
- Describes how to perform conversions using the Convert class.
- Explicit Conversion
- Describes how to perform conversions using casts.