Fatal Error C1092
Edit and Continue does not support changes to data types; build required
You changed or added a data type since the last successful build.
- Edit and Continue does not support changes to existing data types, including class, struct, or enum definitions. You must stop debugging and build the application.
- Edit and Continue does not support the addition of new data types if a program database file, such as vcx0.pdb (where x is the major version of Visual C++ in use) is read-only. To add data types, the compiler must open the .pdb file in write mode.
To remove this error without ending the current debug session
- Change the data type back to its state prior to the error.
- From the Debug menu, choose Apply Code Changes.
To remove this error without changing your source code
- From the Debug menu, choose Stop Debugging.
- From the Build menu, choose Build.
For further information, see the Limitations of Edit and Continue.