Occurs during Update before a command is executed against the data source.
[Visual Basic] Public Event RowUpdating As OracleRowUpdatingEventHandler [C#] public event OracleRowUpdatingEventHandler RowUpdating; [C++] public: __event OracleRowUpdatingEventHandler* RowUpdating;
[JScript] In JScript, you can handle the events defined by a class, but you cannot define your own.
The event handler receives an argument of type OracleRowUpdatingEventArgs containing data related to this event. The following OracleRowUpdatingEventArgs properties provide information specific to this event.
|Command||Gets or sets the OracleCommand to execute when performing the Update.|
|Errors (inherited from RowUpdatingEventArgs)||Gets any errors generated by the .NET Framework data provider when the Command executes.|
|Row (inherited from RowUpdatingEventArgs)||Gets the DataRow to send through an Update.|
|StatementType (inherited from RowUpdatingEventArgs)||Gets the type of SQL statement to execute.|
|Status (inherited from RowUpdatingEventArgs)||Gets the UpdateStatus of the Command property.|
|TableMapping (inherited from RowUpdatingEventArgs)||Gets the DataTableMapping to send through the Update.|
When using the Update method, there are two events that occur per data row updated. The order of execution is as follows:
- The values in the DataRow are moved to the parameter values.
- The OnRowUpdating event is raised.
- The command executes.
- If the UpdateRowSource enumeration is set to FirstReturnedRecord, the first returned result is placed in the DataRow.
- If there are output parameters, they are placed in the DataRow.
- The OnRowUpdated event is raised.
- AcceptChanges is called.
Platforms: Windows 98, Windows NT 4.0, Windows Millennium Edition, Windows 2000, Windows XP Home Edition, Windows XP Professional, Windows Server 2003 family
.NET Framework Security:
- Full trust for the immediate caller. This member cannot be used by partially trusted code. For more information, see Using Libraries From Partially Trusted Code