This documentation is archived and is not being maintained.
.NET Framework 1.1
The System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization namespace provides types that support customization and control of serialization at design time.
The classes in this namespace can be divided into the following categories:
- Serialization attributes that can be used to indicate the serializer to use for a specific type: DesignerSerializerAttribute, to indicate the serializer to use for a particular type; and RootDesignerSerializerAttribute, to indicate the base serializer to use for the root designer.
- Classes that a designer can implement to customize serialization: IDesignerLoaderHost, for loading a designer document from a serialized state; and IDesignerLoaderService, for loading a designer document when external components and asynchronous loading are involved.
- Interfaces that a designer can use to manage the serialization process: IDesignerSerializationManager, to register or retrieve custom serializers; IDesignerSerializationProvider, to make a serializer available to an IDesignerSerializationManager; and IDesignerSerializationService, which provides methods to invoke serialization and deserialization.
- An interface that can be implemented to customize the loading process of a designer: DesignerLoader.
- An interface that can be used to optimize the reloading of a designer: ICodeDomDesignerReload.
- Other helper classes: INameCreationService, an interface for generating unique names for objects; ContextStack, a data structure useful for sharing serialization context information with serializers; and InstanceDescriptor, an object that can describe a serializable object.
|CodeDomSerializer||Serializes an object graph to a series of CodeDOM statements. This class provides an abstract base class for a serializer.|
|CodeDomSerializerException||The exception that is thrown when line number information is available for a serialization error.|
|ContextStack||Provides a stack object that can be used by a serializer to make information available to nested serializers.|
|DesignerLoader||Provides a basic designer loader interface that can be used to implement a custom designer loader.|
|DesignerSerializerAttribute||Indicates a serializer for the serialization manager to use to serialize the values of the type this attribute is applied to. This class cannot be inherited.|
|InstanceDescriptor||Provides information necessary to create an instance of an object. This class cannot be inherited.|
|ResolveNameEventArgs||Provides data for the ResolveName event.|
|RootDesignerSerializerAttribute||Indicates the base serializer to use for a root designer object. This class cannot be inherited.|
|ICodeDomDesignerReload||Provides an interface that can be used to optimize the reloading of a designer.|
|IDesignerLoaderHost||Provides an interface that can extend a designer host to support loading from a serialized state.|
|IDesignerLoaderService||Provides an interface that can extend a designer loader to support asynchronous loading of external components.|
|IDesignerSerializationManager||Provides an interface that can manage design-time serialization.|
|IDesignerSerializationProvider||Provides an interface that enables access to a serializer.|
|IDesignerSerializationService||Provides an interface that can invoke serialization and deserialization.|
|INameCreationService||Provides a service that can generate unique names for objects.|
|ResolveNameEventHandler||Represents the method that handles the ResolveName event of a serialization manager.|