.NET Framework 1.1
The System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization namespace provides types that support customization and control of serialization at design time.
The classes in this namespace can be divided into the following categories:
- Serialization attributes that can be used to indicate the serializer to use for a specific type: DesignerSerializerAttribute, to indicate the serializer to use for a particular type; and RootDesignerSerializerAttribute, to indicate the base serializer to use for the root designer.
- Classes that a designer can implement to customize serialization: IDesignerLoaderHost, for loading a designer document from a serialized state; and IDesignerLoaderService, for loading a designer document when external components and asynchronous loading are involved.
- Interfaces that a designer can use to manage the serialization process: IDesignerSerializationManager, to register or retrieve custom serializers; IDesignerSerializationProvider, to make a serializer available to an IDesignerSerializationManager; and IDesignerSerializationService, which provides methods to invoke serialization and deserialization.
- An interface that can be implemented to customize the loading process of a designer: DesignerLoader.
- An interface that can be used to optimize the reloading of a designer: ICodeDomDesignerReload.
- Other helper classes: INameCreationService, an interface for generating unique names for objects; ContextStack, a data structure useful for sharing serialization context information with serializers; and InstanceDescriptor, an object that can describe a serializable object.
|CodeDomSerializer||Serializes an object graph to a series of CodeDOM statements. This class provides an abstract base class for a serializer.|
|CodeDomSerializerException||The exception that is thrown when line number information is available for a serialization error.|
|ContextStack||Provides a stack object that can be used by a serializer to make information available to nested serializers.|
|DesignerLoader||Provides a basic designer loader interface that can be used to implement a custom designer loader.|
|DesignerSerializerAttribute||Indicates a serializer for the serialization manager to use to serialize the values of the type this attribute is applied to. This class cannot be inherited.|
|InstanceDescriptor||Provides information necessary to create an instance of an object. This class cannot be inherited.|
|ResolveNameEventArgs||Provides data for the ResolveName event.|
|RootDesignerSerializerAttribute||Indicates the base serializer to use for a root designer object. This class cannot be inherited.|
|ICodeDomDesignerReload||Provides an interface that can be used to optimize the reloading of a designer.|
|IDesignerLoaderHost||Provides an interface that can extend a designer host to support loading from a serialized state.|
|IDesignerLoaderService||Provides an interface that can extend a designer loader to support asynchronous loading of external components.|
|IDesignerSerializationManager||Provides an interface that can manage design-time serialization.|
|IDesignerSerializationProvider||Provides an interface that enables access to a serializer.|
|IDesignerSerializationService||Provides an interface that can invoke serialization and deserialization.|
|INameCreationService||Provides a service that can generate unique names for objects.|
|ResolveNameEventHandler||Represents the method that handles the ResolveName event of a serialization manager.|