Allows you to examine and navigate to symbols in your solution. The symbols, which are organized by project, display in a hierarchical tree view, indicating the containment relationships between them.
To open the Class View window, either press CTRL+SHIFT+C or choose Class View on the View menu.
- Class View Sort By <view>
- The Sort By button allows you to choose a particular view of the data. The ToolTip for the button displays the name of the current view. The available choices are:
- Sort Alphabetically – Symbols are listed alphabetically by their names in ascending order (a - z).
- Sort By Type – Symbols of the same type are listed together; all classes appear together, all interfaces appear together, and so on. For the sort order of the various types, see Class View and Object Browser Icons. This order cannot be changed.
- Sort By Access – Symbols are listed in order of their access type, such as public, protected, or private.
- Group By Type – Symbols of the same type are grouped under a virtual folder. For the sort order of the folders, see Class View and Object Browser Icons. This order cannot be changed.
- New Folder
- An alternative method for organizing frequently used symbols, this button creates a new folder into which you can drag symbols and other folders, and have easy access to them. For more information, see Working with Folders in Class View.